Distance Learning Resources
- About Distance Learning
- Materials Pick up
- Distance Learning Schedule
- Schoology Tips
- From the Principal
- Remind Help
In response to recommendations and suggestions from the El Paso County Health Department, Widefield High School will begin the 2020-2021 school year in an online “Distance Learning” format beginning on Monday, August 24, 2020. We will share our additional schedules in the future when we are able to return to the classroom in-person.
Please see the following plan for our distance learning schedule for the 2020-2021 school year.
July 30, 2020
Dear Gladiator Community,
As was communicated from Widefield School District 3, all secondary schools will begin the 2020-2021 school year in an online or distance learning format. Online classes begin Monday, August 24. Students will be able to see their schedules in Infinite Campus beginning on August 1. We will reevaluate whether we can return to in-person learning as the school year progresses and as we get additional information from the health department and district leaders.
We realize that online learning poses some unique challenges and concerns for our students and parents. As we begin the 2020-2021 school year in an online or distance learning model, please be aware of the following:
· We understand that not all students have access to computers or the internet. Plans are currently in the works for getting computer devices to students as we begin the year in our online learning model.
· We will not be delivering hard-copy packets of work for students to complete as we did during the 4th quarter last school year. Students will be expected to log in and complete course work online.
· We are working with district leaders on a plan for getting computer devices to students before school starts, which is August 24.
· We will not be providing printers or other hardware devices for students to use at home.
· Classes that require special software programs to access class content will have the software loaded onto the computers that the students receive.
· We are working on a schedule to bring small groups of students into the building before school starts to pick up necessary class materials, instruments, computer devices, etc. We will communicate that plan once it is finalized.
· We will communicate with students and parents through e-mail and on our website once the plans have been finalized and schedules have been completed.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the start of the 2020-2021 school year. There are many challenges ahead of us, but I am confident that by working together, we can meet these challenges head on and have a terrific school year.
Thank you, and I look